I am a Stampin' Up!* consultant and owner and creator of Paper Sentiments.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Paper Molding

On Tuesday I had a demo night at the local scrapbook store, Bayer's Pampered Stamper.  I demoed a paper molding technique using toilet paper.  I was so excited about how neat the technique is and the way the cards turned out! 
This technique is super simple too.  I used o few rubber stamps that have good grooves on them and layered 8 pieces of 1-ply toilet paper onto them.  Between each layer I used a stencil brush to put water over the entire piece of toilet paper covering the stamp.
This is what my molds looked like when I had all eight wet layers on the stamp.  I then let these dry overnight.  When I took them off the stamp and flipped them over there was an awesome imprint of the stamp!!!
Then using different mediums I decorated them and made cards!

These are the four cards I made..
On the Christmas card above I used Dew Drop Brilliance ink and a finger dauber to color the leaves.  I used red Candi dots for the holly.  The image looks so much neater in person.
On this friendship card I used the Perfect Pearl Mists by Ranger in Forever Violet to color the flower.  Again..looks so awesome in person.
This is my favorite!!!  In this one, I used the Dew Drop Brilliance Ink and a finger dauber for the green and purple on the flowers and leaves and large adhesive pearls from Stampin' Up!*.  To ensure the edges of the toilet paper mold were not going to fray I sealed them with Mod Podge. 

I am really glad I used this technique for my demo...now on for  anew technique hunt for my next demo:)

No comments:

Post a Comment